< iStitch
Saturday 27 November 2010
M Thomas 1916

Click the picture for a closeup view


I stitched this tiny little French sampler not only because I liked it but because my mother's name was M(illie) Thomas. The original sampler was dated 1906 but I changed the date to 1916, the year my mother was born. It is stitched with HDF OMG Red 1149 on walnut ink dyed 48ct Gander linen and measures 3¼" x 3¼". I stained and distressed the frame to age it and I am very pleased with the result. Since we have been decorating I have left a wall ready to hang 'tiny red samplers' and this will be the first to be hung. I have others which need to be framed and plenty that need to be stitched too!

It's very cold here with snow forecast for later - it has already snowed in Dover which is 9 miles from us.

Thanks for visiting and have a good weekend
Take care


Labels:

 
|


13 Comments: