< iStitch
Friday 18 February 2011
Gifts given and received!





Before I went to Paris I stitched up some gifts. This biscornu was for Valie and you may have already seen this picture on her blog as I blatantly stole it from there - there is a second picture on her blog if you want a closer look! I actually made two of these biscornus, exactly the same except that one pair of buttons were slightly darker than the other. The second biscornu I gave to Angela, who does not have a blog but certainly should as her work in amazing! They were both stitched on 35ct white Brussel linen with white no 12 perle cotton and HDF Baneberry.





And here is another picture shamelessly stolen from Valie's blog and this time of the beautiful Valentine gift she stitched for me. Isn't it gorgeous? Thank you Valie!





I packed a little project in case I found time to stitch and although I managed to put a few stitches into it before my departure, not many stitches were made during my trip. I have since finished this little red sampler and it's has been mailed to it's new owner. It is stitched on 38ct nacre Gander linen with AVAS soie d'alger 2925. The magazine I have used for a 'backdrop' is issue 37 of Mains & Merveilles which is full of red samplers!




As it was Angela's birthday the day after Valentine's Day I thought she deserved a gift to celebrate such an occasion. I know that her favourite colour is pink so I made her one of pin pillows which she had admired when I had made these for others. This, too, is stitched on 35ct white Brussels linen with white no 12 perle cotton and an unknown pink silk thread. I really should have put some pins into it to finish it off - sorry Angela!

I have another gift to show you but I need to take a picture to show it off to it's full advantage but I will tell you that it's beautiful and I love it!

I am now stitching yet another little red sampler, Marie-Louise 1905-1906 which is near to completion and then I have plans for a SAL with Yuko of - yes you've guessed - another red sampler! My red wall will soon be full.

Almost forgot Peg of Lightening Fingers ... not! is having a wonderful giveaway - pop over and have a look *here*. You have until March 7 to enter.

Thanks for visiting - have a good weekend
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


10 Comments: