< iStitch
Saturday 28 April 2012
This and that ... (picture heavy)





Photo by Valie


A few pictures to show you today. First up is Sew Fuchsia stitched by Valie who chose a selection of HDF silks in pinks, mauves, greens and ebony for her version (her chosen colours are listed on her blog). Valie has yet to decide her final finish but I am sure whatever she choses it will be lovely. Thank you Valie for allowing me to show it here.

Sew Fuchsia is available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.







This beautiful little rabbit pin pillow was stitched by Angela as a gift for me. How spoiled am I? The pattern is Lapin et Oeuf by Danybrod and is available *here*. Not only does this look gorgeous it also smells heavenly for Angela stuffed it with lavender. He sits on my desk so I can admire him as I work. Thank you Angela.




And now another little rabbit - Sew RabbitS stitched and finished by Brenda of Time to X Stitch. It is stitched 1* 2 on 38ct green Gander linen with HDF Gold Blush regular silk thread and finished as a really sweet pin pillow stuffed with crushed walnut shells. Check out the backing fabric that Brenda has used - isn't that cute? Thank you Brenda for allowing me to show your finish. 

Sew RabbitS is also still available *here* or by clicking on the CHARTS button on the sidebar.






I promised pictures of the Sherri Jones' Blue Ribbon box class that I took in London on April 21. It was a long and tiring day but what fun it was. I only took a few pictures and none of the finishing steps or of Sherri's future projects as I am sure that she does not want these posted on the internet other than on her own website. The above pictures shows my two Stitch-n-Bitch friends, Sylvie and Caroline (both sitting), Susan of Hanging By a Thread (standing) and a general class picture. Check out Susan's website *here* and her blog *here*. Susan, together with her sister Sarah, arrange classes on a regular basis and are always most willing and helpful if there is anything you need which is unobtainable in the UK. I think that Sherri might be returning to the UK again next year and, trust me, the new projects are amazing. I especially love the Fine & Fancy Tulip Tray and the Lounge Hare Sewing Box both of which can be seen on Sherri's website *here*.  The Blue Ribbon Box can also be seen *here*.






I will leave you with some pictures of the Lamprocapnos spectabilis (bleeding hearts) that I have growing in my garden. This year I have a magnificent display both in patio pots and in the borders. I adore these flowers and next year I hope to get some white ones. 

It's an awful day here today - dark, gloomy and raining - yuk - so I'm off to stitch!

Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


3 Comments:


  • On 28 April 2012 at 17:55, Blogger Jo who can't think of a clever nickname

    I love Fuchsia in those colours!

    The Rabbits are cute too. It's always good to see stitched up examples of your work.

     
  • On 28 April 2012 at 20:38, Blogger Catherine

    Great stitching and finishing! Love your bleeding hearts ~ I finally got some white ones the other year ~ so pretty!

     
  • On 30 April 2012 at 14:26, Blogger Daffycat

    The bunny is a darling gift to receive. (BTW ~ the link doesn't work.)

    Your flowers look awesome. I loved seeing all the gorgeous gardens when visiting England. You really have a lovely climate ~ so don't curse those cloudy, dreary days too much! I have planted some bleeding hearts in my own garden but I am worried I have doomed them to burn in the hell of Oklahoma's summer temperatures! I have a tiny bit of hope though...