< iStitch
Tuesday 17 August 2010
Dutch Band Sampler update


Click picture for a closer view

As you can see I've been busy working on the Dutch Band Sampler (and playing once more with Photoshop). I am alternating this with Jane although I had planned on keeping this for my Stitch-n-Bitch meetings. It's easy to work on despite being on 40ct linen and I'm enjoying it.






Justin and his family have just returned from their vacation in Brittany and the above photo of Tom and Georgia running towards the sea is one of my favourite pictures. You would think they have never seen the ocean but they live at the seaside! Maybe they think the French sea is different?






And here are the four children, from left to right Megan, Alex, Tom and Georgia outside the rented farmhouse which is one of a block of four with a shared swimming pool. 




The other evening I noticed this seagull silhouetted again the skyline so I zoomed the camera lens up close and was surprised to get such a good picture.


I have a new design charted but it has no name and I have no idea what threads or fabric I will use for the model. I received an order of HDF from Vikki Clayton this morning and there are some pretty shades amongst these so maybe I will choose one of these. 

Weatherwise, it's still quite gloomy but at least the rain has stopped. I am so looking forward to our Florida trip in the Autumn.

Thanks for visiting
Take care 


Labels:

 
|


12 Comments:


  • On 17 August 2010 at 14:13, Blogger Lesleyanne

    Lovely progress on your stitching. I love the picture of the children running into the sea and the seagull. they are all gorgeous.

     
  • On 17 August 2010 at 15:31, Blogger Edgar

    Dutch Band is beautiful!! Some super snaps!

     
  • On 17 August 2010 at 17:17, Blogger Maggee

    I just love the Dutch Band Sampler. ALMOST makes me want to put it in my stash... Almost! Maybe next year... :) Love the pics, too, of the kids running to the beach and the seagull. Great snaps! Hugs.

     
  • On 17 August 2010 at 17:41, Blogger valerie

    DBS is looking fabulous! Love it! Great photos of the kids and the one of the seagull is stunning! It came out wonderful!

    It's unseasonably cool here this summer. I can't shake my summer cold! I could use a little sun myself!

     
  • On 17 August 2010 at 19:22, Blogger Bertie

    Lovely sampler Carol, the colours are beautiful, Katie will be pleased to see this.
    Have a good time in the USA.

     
  • On 18 August 2010 at 09:19, Blogger Lois

    Your Dutch Band Sampler is gorgeous! I love the colours. Great pictures, esp the one running towards the sea.

     
  • On 18 August 2010 at 11:41, Anonymous Anonymous

    Megan takes after you... Not the hair colour of course !
    I really like the Dutch band sampler - what are you to make with it ?
    My small "pink" project is nearly finished. You'll see it soon.

     
  • On 18 August 2010 at 11:47, Blogger Brigitte

    The Dutch Band Sampler is such agorgeous design. Great progress!
    Very nice holiday pictures.

     
  • On 18 August 2010 at 22:46, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Your DBS is absolutely stunning. Now if I don't buy a new Mac I am going to get the Magnifying light you have because mine broke.
    Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 19 August 2010 at 16:44, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    magnifique ce SAMPLER est superbe
    bravo à vous amitiés

     
  • On 21 August 2010 at 07:48, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol, your Dutch Band Sampler is looking lovely. When it begins to look so pretty it must be hard to put it down :>)
    Brittany is such a fab place, no wonder the kids all look so happy and what a lovely effect the silhouetted seagull makes!! Great photography.
    Good luck on coming up with a name for the new design :>)
    Angela xx

     
  • On 21 August 2010 at 14:37, Blogger Nancy

    Your Dutch Band Sampler will be a masterpiece Carol! You do such beautiful stitching.

    What beautiful seaside/family photos! I would love to be running at that water too.

    Look forward to seeing your newest design!