< iStitch
Saturday 14 August 2010
Jane - WIP and rain!







As you can see I abandoned using my frame/stand for Jane Rees. I suppose I should have persevered longer as I know that the linen does not get so creased and it would keep cleaner but ... my arms and shoulders started to ache and I kept knocking my stitching hand against the frame! So back to a hoop and I am now enjoying it more and stitching a lot faster. Only a tiny section of the top left hand corner done with a lot more to go but it's a start.




Picture clickable for a close-up view

Just after lunchtime yesterday it suddenly went very dark, there was a clap of thunder and a flash of lightening and within minutes it started to rain the most enormous raindrops. Luckily I managed to get the washing in off the line and the sun-lounger cushion indoors before the heavens really opened up and it rained heavily along with a few hailstones. The water laying on the patio and the grass is about 2" deep! Tommy marched off at a tremendous speed (yes he is a speedy when he wants to be) and hid himself up and was already out of sight by the time I got the camera out. A lot of roads and shops are closed today due to flooding as the drainage system couldn't cope with this deluge of water. It's still dull and gloomy today but at least it's not raining.

I have picked up my Dutch Band Sampler to work on again as it was a good project to take along to Stitch-n-Bitch last Wednesday evening. I have no idea why this one got forsaken but it will make a good piece to work on alternatively with Jane. I'll post a picture later.

Not much else to report so enjoy your weekend
Thanks for visiting
Take care


Labels:

 
|


8 Comments:


  • On 14 August 2010 at 14:29, Blogger Danielle

    Jane looks great! Do you find you like a hoop better than a Qsnap? A hoop seems like it weighs less. I find a Qsnap sometimes to be cumbersome.

     
  • On 14 August 2010 at 15:49, Blogger Nancy

    And a beautiful start it is!

    I think the thunder Gods are visiting all over the world! We had a huge storm last night, and the thunder even made our front door rattle!

    Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

     
  • On 14 August 2010 at 16:28, Blogger staci

    A beautiful start Carol! I love a good rainy day ;) Hope the sun is shining soon!

     
  • On 14 August 2010 at 16:30, Blogger Kathy A.

    Carol - I love Jane. I looked at the sampler and it is huge! How many skeins of floss did you have to buy?
    I work in hand. I just find everything else gets in my way. I was taught in hand and it has just stayed with em.

     
  • On 14 August 2010 at 17:00, Blogger Jo

    We're having the same problem here in Yorkshire with the weather, 1 min hot and sunny and the next cold and raining...ah British Weather!

    Your stitching is lovely and I love the Dutch Band Sampler. I use a hoop on my SALs but for my big projects I have my Lowery stand and wouldn't be without it now.

     
  • On 14 August 2010 at 18:17, Blogger *Manja*

    Have fun, Carol.
    I greet you cordially.♥
    *Manja*

     
  • On 15 August 2010 at 06:30, Blogger valerie

    Jane is looking wonderful! I knew you'd switch to a hoop soon...we'll see how I do when I pick up my MW again. I forgot all about your DBS! The colors are wonderful...I hope you stick with it. I want to see more! lol

    I could use a rainy day...I might actually stay home and stitch!

     
  • On 15 August 2010 at 09:04, Anonymous Anonymous

    A message for Valerie : plenty of rainy days here, come and visit ! We are having a rotten August and no escape from stitching...
    Carol, you know I love working with a hoop. I like the way you have done up yours in white - very pristine, very fitting for Jane ;-)