< iStitch
Sunday 22 August 2010
Valie's Sew Pretty/Live Laugh Love




When I designed and stitched Sew Pretty In Pink I was not happy with my final picture despite taking many which were either too dark or too bright that the design did not show up very well. Valie said she would stitch it too and here is her 'finish'. It is stitched on Zweigart linen called Maple Sugar with AVAS Soie d'Alger in shades of plum and pale pink and finally finished as a pinkeep but a pinkeep with a difference as it is backed with a piece of Blackbird Designs Harvest Home fabric and has a lace-covered pocket for storage. There are more pictures on Valie's blog *here* showing the back and a closeup of her minor changes so do visit and see not only this pinkeep but Valie's other beautiful stitching and finishing. This is a truly beautiful version of Sew Pretty In Pink - I think I should design and leave my friend to interpret such designs! Thank you Valie for allowing me to show this here.

Sew Pretty In Pink is still available *here* or by clicking CHARTS on the sidebar.




Click on the picture for a close-up view


The latter part of my heading refers to this gorgeous pillow. This pillow was originally a tea towel given to me by Sue (one of my Stitch-n-Bitch group) as part of my birthday present last December. As this tea towel, with the embroidered hearts and lettering, was much too nice to use for drying dishes, June (another Stitch-n-Bitcher) suggested that it would make a nice pillow and offered to do it for me. I passed the tea towel to her and forgot about it until, at our last meeting, she handed me a bag and inside I found this beautiful pillow! Now I find that this pillow is much too nice to let anyone sit on/against it, so it's new home is on my bed away from bottoms, elbows and sticky fingers! Thank you Sue for the tea towel and a big thank you to June for turning the tea towel into such a stunning pillow.


********************


The Dutch Band sampler is progressing although I do have to unpick some of it later today. When I originally started stitching this I altered the threads from those recommended to AVAS and had all the colours hanging from a ring but I must have changed the colours as I was stitching because when I came to stitch with the pink it was an entirely different shade to that already stitched! I thought maybe I had removed the original pink from the ring for something else so I spent ages searching through my AVAS threads but without success. I then checked the ziplock bag the project had been stored in and found, not only the correct pink thread but also a gold thread on a MOP ring. This led me to checking on the gold stitches to find that I have used the wrong thread - hence the unpicking later today. I had hoped to be putting a few more stitches into Jane this weekend but I guess not!

My two eldest grand-children, Kirby and Jack, are at the V Festival in Cheltenham this weekend and I hope they are having a great time. I can't imagine Kirby in a tent - where will she plug in her hair straighteners?

Thanks for visiting and enjoy what's left of the weekend
Take care


Labels: , ,

 
|


10 Comments:


  • On 22 August 2010 at 08:15, Blogger angelasweby

    Carol,
    What a gorgeous interpretation of your lovely design. Valie's choice of colours has highlighted just how pretty (in pink) your design is and small changes make it that little bit more personal.

    Wow what a difference a little creative manipulation can make to the humble tea towel :>) I love this beautiful pillow and agree it should go nowhere near bottoms..haha! It's a lovely memento of two special friends.
    Angela xx

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 08:27, Anonymous Anonymous

    Waoh, June's finishing is stunning. Which reminds me that I must post about the Union Jack pillow she made for Vic. Do you mind if I steal your picture too ?

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 13:00, Blogger Kathy A.

    What a lovely job on Sew Pink Valie did. Love the colors and her finish is beautiful.
    That pillow is so very pretty and I understand the need to hide it from little fingers and their prints.
    Your work has inspired such lovely pieces.

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 15:19, Blogger Nancy

    I saw Valie's sampler on her blog, and it is just gorgeous (and so is her blog!).

    I love the towel pillow and think this is such a clever idea! Thanks for sharing it.

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 15:25, Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love

    It's very lovely !
    best regards
    marylin

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 18:57, Blogger Brenda

    Carol,

    I love Valie's Sew Pretty in Pink pinkeep!!! What a wonderful color combination!

    And I agree....the tea towel was too pretty to use but absolutely LOVE the way it was made into a pillow!!

    Keep up the great work in your designing!

     
  • On 22 August 2010 at 19:51, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    Valie's stitching and finishing of your Sew Pink is absolutely gorgeous.
    Love
    Patti xxx

     
  • On 23 August 2010 at 17:17, Blogger Fab.Lor

    Très joli...
    I love it !
    Kisss from France
    Fab

     
  • On 23 August 2010 at 17:38, Blogger valerie

    Lovely rendition by Valie! I love the pillow conversion that June did. It's stunning and I can totally understand wanting to keep it safe!

     
  • On 24 August 2010 at 13:41, Blogger Bertie

    Gorgeous pillow Carol, stunning, you have given me some ideas here LOL.

    Love your little design, fan-tab-u-lous colours:-))